I'm throwing a party!
An awards party to be exact! So c'mon
in, settle down and grab a cocktail...
Okay, so it's not noon yet where I am, so I have a chai
instead. Just grab a beverage of choice, and settle on in and we'll get started.
I was recently the honoured recipient of several awards from some really wonderful bloggers that I would like to acknowledge and then pass on to others that are more deserving that I.
The first one comes from Dan.
at Vacant Mind
. He thinks I'm Fabulous!
Darlhrlink, I never knew? *wink, wink*
Dan always amuses me with some wonderful insights and humor. Please do go and check out his blog. You'll be glad you did. I know I am...so you will be too! Trust me on this.
The rules for this little award is to give 5 current obsessions
and to pass it on to 5 other bloggers
who are also 'fabulous'. So let's see...what are my obsessions this week. (you know they change, don't you?
)1. Raking leaves.
We have a annual leaf pickup in my community and they travel up and down the streets with these big trucks and suck all the leaves off the treelawn
. My timing is usually off. I either get them out there too early and it burns the grass from having them piled up there, waiting...too long. Or I hear the trucks on the street and I'm frantically raking and blowing the leaves to beat their passing me by. I've been watching and I think I have it timed right this year. We'll have to see...
2. Rock & Rye.
I went to the Melting Pot for dinner last week. (Great, by the way) We stopped by the bar on before leaving to watch a little of the game. The bartender, Kellie, bought us a shot. I'd never had it before. Rock & Rye. It's whiskey blended with rock candy and fruit. Sounds weird, tastes great. But I now need some aspirin...
There's nothing like an afternoon nap. If I can squeeze them in. It's a sorry state of affairs when once up you already start thinking about when it'll be nap time. What can I say? Just don't call around 2...'cuz
I won't answer the phone.
I shouldn't eat them, but when you get a Mac attack, you gotta listen! Somehow I think the current Mac attack I'm having ties itself to the Rock & Rye. And probably the nap gets tied in there as well. Hmmm
Something about bundling up on a chilly evening throwing logs on a outside fire is quite zen like. I could stare into a good fire for hours. The weather this fall has been quite good at cooperating and we've enjoyed some rousing flames. You can always smell a bonfire in the air. I like it when the neighbors pop over, "Hey, we smelled the fire, what's in the cooler?" Insta
And now, the five recipients that I
think are fabulous!
at Ride My Mind
. He's one of my new favorites! I even have him now on my sidebar so I won't miss any postings!
2. Sondra Stinglash
at Callithump Thunderblog
. She's got some really good humor. Always an enjoyable read.
at Flatline Thinking
. He's off the wall in a beautiful sort of way. Go look see, and tell me what you think.
over at Funny is the New Young
. I love in her profile she states that she's vertically challenged. She's pretty damn funny...
at Everything is Better on a Stick.
Go say "Hi". A fellow Ohioan, he's got some great things to say. We just need some people to listen!
The second award comes from KaLynn
at Kacklin' with KaLynn.
She's a new bloggy
friend but has commented on just about every post Ive made since we 'found' each other! Isn't that fun?
The rules with this one are that I pass it onto some new bloggers that I have recent;y discovered. I will pass it onto 5 newbies that I enjoy reading.
1. C.J. Koster
at Mr. Teacher Man.
I never tire of C.J. I mean seriously, how could you?
at The Water Witch's Daughter
. I love the look of her blog. I love the title of her blog. She's pretty damn cool. Like water...
at The Technical Parent
. He too is a new bloggy
. We've all been there. Go check him out.
at Take Note.
Clever and honest, she sometimes says what I've thought but didn't say. Did that make sense? Mind meld with me here...
. He just got engaged! He's rather funny...and he gives me compliments on comments. Flatery
will get you anywhere...
Click on each.
And pausing ever so slightly to announce the third award. This also comes from KaLynn
. (She's obviously been stockpiling her awards over there and has been so generous by sending a few my way.)
Fact is, both that she sent to me I hadn't seen before! So these are new special beauties that I can now prominently display in my cabinet of awards!
The rules are pretty simple (as great lemonade is!) . Link back to the giver of said giver of lemonade and then pass it onto other bloggers with great attitude or gratitude!
The blogs that I choose for this award are:
. Not only is she my best friend, but she got me into this whole blogging arena. Add to that she doesn't already have this award and she's been given a huge dose of lemons in her personal life as late...she needs a lemonade stand. SHE is the grand master of great attitude. Love ya' Chrissy.
2. Menopausal New Mom
. A new blog for me, but from what I've read so far, I'm going to enjoy this one!
at At home with Myself.
You might have seen her as my Follower of Note last week. If you missed her, go take a look. She's beautiful, smart AND witty!
4. Poems by me.
I'm not always a big fan of poetry, but I like the way she writes. I hope you do too!
5. Judge Fudge
at I don't know you but I probably don't like you
. Now normally with a blog title like that you might think, "How does this guy have positive attitude?" Check him out and you'll see. The title does not reflect the person...:-)
The past two awards didn't tell me HOW many people to pass it onto. So I suppose you can use as many or as few as you'd like. I like the number 5. Can you tell?
The next award is from Chandni
at Life, Through my Eyes
. She honing her writing craft. She's quite the artist. Go check her out!
The rules with this little award are to list 7 things which nobody knows about me. Hmmm. Since I've listed things that no one knows in the past, you might already know these! But I'll give it a shot.
Remember, I don't answer to blackmail...so keep those thoughts from your mind.
1. I have a morning routine that uses not one, but six different creams for my face and body. That's alot of counter space, yes.
2. I have a stash of 'snacks' in the bottom drawer of my nightstand. Sssshhhh. Don't tell anyone.
3. When I buy new shoes, I walk around the house in them first. I hate it when I see people that can't walk properly in their new (or old for that matter) shoes. If I can't walk in them, but they look fab...they go back.
4. I hate word verification when leaving comments. I've only gotten a handful of Spam, but that's why the trash icon is there! You don't like the comment, delete it. I can't tell you how many times I haven't gotten the letters right and lose the comment. I won't bother to go back and try again.
5. I'm horrible at saving presents. I bought a Christmas present for my daughter yesterday and was so excited I went ahead and gave it to her. Ooops.
6. I lost my daughters second hampster. I left the top off it's cage by accident. I don't know whether it got out or the cat got it...but it's gone. Double oops.
7. I like a little coffee with my sugar. Thick, rich, sweet. Like the kind I had in Cuba. Yummm.
And I will pass this Kreative number onto:
1. Shannon at Recovery From a Life Not Lived. I like to compare my "been there done that' list with hers...
2. Pines Lake Redhead. I love her comments, her posts, her blog. Okay?
3. Pseudonymph at Rad Mamblings. She just, frankly, keeps me entertained. A hard feat, I might add.
4. Living on the Spit. I love the photography in this blog. Just go see...
5. Jennifer at Momma Made It Look Easy. I like to grab a cup of tea and see what their up to. It's cozy. You'll kike it.
6. CAM at MoonScribble. You just never know what you'll find. But I usually kike it.
7. Adventures in Dating (and life) Single Mommy Style. She just flat out cracks me up.
So thanks to Dan, KaLynn and Chandni for my new banners of adoration! I love them!
I will keep them, and care for them and polish them when needed. It's nice that you thought of me. But damn, is it hard to abide by all these rules! The best thing about getting the awards is to pass them on. It's a wonderful little blogosphere in which we write and really neat how interconnected we all are.
Enjoy your new reading list! There's alot of new ones there!
Phew. That was alot of work! Nap time? Cocktail time? Nah...
Now, I've got to go out a rake a few more leaves...