When I first read it I thought it said the "Honest Crap Award" which would have been more fitting, but I sure to appreciate that fact that he thinks I'm worth reading, crap or no crap.
The award is to honor those who 'write from the heart'. That being said, "I thank you Indigo, from all my heart."
Indigo was one of my first followers when I started blogging. And surprisingly has stayed with me this entire adventure. Of that I am grateful. I am also grateful to have found a blogbud here in the blogosphere that I can consistently count on for good stories and quite a few laughs. You MUST, I repeat, MUST go a check him out. He's a gem.
Now for the nitty-gritty. I'm supposed to tell you 10 things about myself, that you don't know already. First, WHY you want to know these things, I wouldn't fathom to guess. But here it is. Remember I don't respond to black-mail attempts. :-)
1. I own 43 black t shirts. I own 51 white t's and 27 gray. I hang my t-shirts because I don't like to iron them if I don't have to. So I have a whole row in my dressing room comprised only of t-shirts. Sick, isn't it.
2. I wish I were 2 inches taller. And the full 2 inches I want added to my leg length like Ethan Hawke did in that movie Gattaca. Without the pain, thanks. It'd make my visits to the tailor less expensive. Plus then I'd be close to the same height as Chrissy, so I wouldn't feel like a little shit when we meet up for girls dinner night.
3. I love bread pudding. Except those versions with chocolate. Don't like that, at all.
4. I used to be a synchronized swimmer. I was the one holding her breath on the bottom of the pool, so my partner could do fancy things with her legs above the water line. Biatch.
5. I like big dogs. If you reach their backs to pet them while standing, they aren't dogs.
6. My dream vacation if to travel to Macu-Pichu. I want to hike up to it. I've been breaking in my hiking boots, just so I'm ready.
7. I hate needles. And yet, I was one week away from starting medical school. Hmmm. Odd, isn't it.
8. My brothers name is Charles. But he calls himself Chuck. Me, dad and my daughter are the only ones that call him Charles. My mother said "Chuck is a cut of beef." And I call him Charles's. Because growing up, everything was Charles's room, Charles's stereo, Charles's car...need I go on?
9. I used to have a bright green ski suit. With a bright orange zipper. And Dolimite green ski boots. I thought I was cool. I must have looked like a big bugger up there on those white slopes.
10. I want to buy a Vespa scooter with a side car. And wear old fashioned goggles.
Now, I am to pass this prestigious award onto 10 bloggers of note. There are many that I follow that deserve this. However, the ones listed below win the prize this time! I tried to give this to people that hadn't gotten this award in the past. However, I may have duplicated one of two. But I like the sound of double or nothing!
1. JennyMac @ Let's have a cocktail. She's cool, she's talented, she's got it all baby...AND a cocktail. Need I say more?
2. Daniel @ Street Art & Graffiti in TelAviv and me. He has some amazing photographs and wonderful poetry. Powerful stuff. And definitely from the heart.
3. Mean Stepmom @ You're not my Real Mom. She's got some stories! And these are good ones. Take yourself over to see what the deep south holds.
4. LadyTruth @ Happily After Ever. Fabulous stories, however some of the journeys there in South Africa can be heart wrenching. She's a doll. Just love her...
5. Heather Kathleen @ A Mouthy Irish Woman? Ridiculous. She's got wit and wisdom. Go figure. She's Irish!
6. The Squirrel Queen @ The Road to Here. She has some amazing photographs to share and inspirational quotes to compliment them. There isn't a morning that goes by that I don't stop in and bask in the moment.
7. M @ Equisitely Wasted. She recently lost her mother and some of her stories just wrench your heartstrings. I do like stopping by.
8. Anna @ Storm in a Wineglass. I love the look of her blog. Mine is all gray and dark contrast. Hers is exactly the opposite. Her posts are so open that sometimes I feel a bit voyeuristic on her life. And I like it. :-)
9. Kathryn @ From the Inside...Out. She's a newbie to the blogger world and deserves more traffic than she has. I have the honor of being one of her first followers, so I have a mama bird responsibility for her as well!
10. Matthew @ AbodeOneThree. Extremely talented writer, great story teller and now, good friend from across the pond. He's just a wonderful human. I stumbled across him months ago by accident and now ever so glad I did.
Well that was hard, and yet easy at the same time. My life is a dichotomy, so why shouldn't an award list be as well!
And then, just as I thought I had this award page completed, I got a comment from a new blog friend Lily @ Tapdancing in the Dark, whom I have recently started to stalk. She gave me this fabulous little ditty! I had to dust off an old French textbook to make sure what it meant, not that it mattered with the cheeky sexy gaze.
The rules for this is slightly easier. I must pass this french beauty onto 2 deserving blogs and tell you 10 things that I adore today.
First my list of adoration...
1. My daughter. Every morning when I wake her up, her little arms come up and round my neck and she tells me, "I love you Mommy." Everyday my heart breaks as I see her grow and everyday she puts it back together, again.
2. My new foundation by Make Up Forever. It's HD, who knew they made High Definition makeup? But it makes my skin look flawless. So damn worth the money.
3. The quiet house to myself last night. Pin drop? Yup. I can hear it. No one else was home! Awesome!
4. My catch-up girls night out dinner with Chrissy. She just lies on the other side of town, but jeez, you'd think she lived in another state by how infrequently we actually DO this.
5. My newly refurbished master bedroom and dressing room. Oh, and the new sheets that I had to buy to match the new wall color. Very cool. THAT project was a long time in the making...
6. My bloggy buds. I get some of the nicest e-mails and comments from these people. Who would have thought that this big internet world we live in I would find such wonderful people?! Awesome.
7. The book I'm reading. It's actually an older book, but I'm re-reading the series because a new volume is coming out next week...I want to be ready. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Each book is 900+ pages of fabulousness. This will be the 7th in the series. I've been waiting!!!
8. My morning coffee. Without it, what would I do! My afternoon RedBull. Without it, what would I do! My evening glass of wine. Without it, what would I do! I think I see a trend here....
9. The sound of the cicadas in the evening.
10. The sound of my neighbor dragging their trash can to the curb at 5am. Oh sorry, that's not on the list of things I ADORE. Take the damn thing out the night before! Geez...morons.(jump back to stage 3 of #8.)
And the two deserving individuals to get this lovely award are (drum roll, please)
Ron @ Vent for his wit, and charm, and love of black turtlenecks. We are brotha & sista from a different motha...I'm sure of it. There just isn't any DNA to prove it, yet.
Chrissy @ I Shoulda Been a Stripper because I know she doesn't have this one and if she knew I had it and she didn't, well...we don't want that happening, now do we...
So thank you, thank you, thank you. I love adding these lovely pieces of art to my sidebar. It makes me feel all special!